Sunday, September 26, 2004

Pune, Pune, It's a hell of a town.

Sun, 26 Sept 2004, 5:24 PM IST, Pune, India

I'm sick, so these last couple of days have been kinda meh. I've had bad allergies here, and the heat and humidity have not made me feel much better.

In Mumbai, we did do lunch, internet cafe, bookstore, etc. It was pretty fun, actually. The bookstore had Harry Potter books in the original British English (and with cooler cover art), and the magazines there were really cheap (like Time Out Mumbai was only 25 Rupees (~ 60 cents US)). The internet cafes are really cheap, like Rs. 30 per hour. Lunch was also good. We ate at an Asian fusion restaurant, and I had some crazy Teppan Yaki with french fries.

Right now I'm watching the Simpsons dubbed into Hindi (or Marathi, I'm not actually sure). About half the channels on TV are in English, and the others are in Hindi I gather. They have HBO (but with commercials), and Cartoon Network dubbed into Hindi. MTV shows sexy Indian music videos. There was the anime channel in Mumbai, but I don't think the cable in Pune has it.

Pune looks like it'll be pretty great. The hotel we're at is nice; it has like five restaurants, and it's centrally air conditioned. I'm gonna go out and see some more of the city later today. In a few days, if all goes according to plan, I'll devise some way to put pictures up on the interweb for all to see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home